The Case Manager acts as the centralized point of contact for all
unaccompanied children (UC) in ORR custody that have been placed in
Cayuga Centers’ shelter / transitional foster care program. The main
role of the Case Manager is to ensure that each UC is safe and cared
for, and is reunited with a suitable parent, guardian, or sponsor in
the most expeditious manner possible.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, exempt position. Regular hours
entail 9:00am - 5:00pm schedule, Monday-Friday. Evenings and weekends
may be required.
- Ensure safety for all UC within each foster home.
- Manage a high turn-over caseload depending on incoming placements
- Coordinate initial intake for each UC.
- Manage reunification process for each UC.
- Keep information updated in the UC Portal.
- Coordinate and handle an estimated case load of 8 - 12 UC at any
- Schedule and confirm each UC has an initial medical evaluation
within 48 hours of arrival with the Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Coordinate and assist the Clinician to assure the admission
assessment and family tree are completed within 3 days of arrival.
- Coordinate and assist Clinician to assure the psychosocial summary
and Individualized Service Plan (ISP) are completed within 7 days of arrival.
- Ensure all assessments, Significant Incident Reports (SIR), team
case notes, and foster family daily reports are current in the
hardcopy file, electronic file, and UC Portal.
- Coordinate each case with the Clinician and GDIT Case Coordinator
to review progress, concerns, and make recommendations on release.
- Coordinate the discharge and release of child to their sponsor.
- Ensure each UC is enrolled and attending school (either in the
community or with Cayuga Centers).
- Respond to client emergencies within or outside work hours.