To review general incident reports that occur with Cayuga Centers consumers as required by State Oversite Agencies. The Incident Specialist will work closely with the Director of Incidents and Investigations, Chief Quality Officer, and Program Directors to discuss incidents, incident follow ups, and make recommendations regarding documentation. The Incident Specialist will also attend monthly program leadership meetings to discuss incident trends.
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for a minimum of 5 hours and could be up to 7 hours a day depending on program needs.
- Lifting of Agency file books - weighing approximately 6-8 lbs. each - 5 inch binders
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Answering phones, processing mail, filing, lifting packages as needed
- Walking up/down stairs
- Visiting program units and areas daily
HOURS PER WEEK:
- Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
- Review all UC incident reports to ensure proper documentation, notification, and follow up.
- Keep thorough records of all incidents in the UC Portal.
- Cross-check incidents completed and email with incident record in portal.
- Attend all monthly meetings as required.
- Facilitate the general incident review committee for the program.
- Attend required department monthly meetings.
- Bring information back to CQI team for discussion.
- Create and train agency staff as needed in incident reporting requirements, and proper documentation.
- Assure compliance with all reporting requirements of the NYS Justice Center, Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), OPWDD and OCFS.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under
HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate Supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.