To investigate reports of incidents of abuse, neglect, maltreatment that occur with Cayuga Centers consumers as delegated by State Oversite Agencies. The Investigator will work closely with the Supervisor, Chief Quality Officer, Directors, and Assistant Vice Presidents (as necessary), to discuss findings and make recommendations regarding the final determination. The Investigator will be responsible for completing any documentation, including writing reports and managing the various incident reporting systems that are used throughout the programs. The Investigator will also coordinate and follow up with any outside agencies that may be conducting an investigation.
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for a minimum of 5 hours and could be up to 7 hours a day depending on program needs.
- Lifting of Agency file books - weighing approximately 6-8 lbs. each - 5 inch binders
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Answering phones, processing mail, filing, lifting packages as needed
- Walking up/down stairs
- Visiting program units and areas daily
HOURS PER WEEK:
- Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
- Respond to reports of abuse, neglect, maltreatment or other reports of concern in a neutral manner as required per the state oversight agencies and NYS Justice Center.
- Conduct thorough investigations of incidents as required.
- Facilitate the daily grievance process.
- Coordinate external investigations as needed.
- Interview all parties involved in the alleged incident.
- Keep thorough records of all interviews and incidents.
- Collect all supporting documentation regarding incidents.
- Attend required department monthly meetings.
- Managing incidents as appropriate within State Data Base Systems.
- Bring information back to CQI team for discussion.
- Assure compliance with all reporting requirements of the NYS Justice Center, Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), OPWDD and OCFS.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under
- HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.