Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide short-term academic support and education for all Unaccompanied Children (UC) elementary through high school age. Teachers will work in an on-site room with a mixed-age group of youth to provide year-round instruction by utilizing computer-aided instruction with an emphasizing on reading, math and history.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, exempt, salary position. Regular hours will be scheduled between 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Flexibility to meet program needs is required.
- Train and supervise Teachers Assistants in each office location throughout New York City.
- Ensure compliance with all New York State Education requirements - such as child abuse, DASA, and school violence prevention.
- Create curricula for Cayuga Centers operated educational learning program for students infant- 17.5.
- Conduct educational assessments for each UC.
- Create lesson plans.
- Administer educational assessment for appropriate grade level.
- Differentiate instruction.
- Use common core state standards to deliver instruction.
- Utilize technology to individualize educational needs and approaches.
- Prepare staff to meet the needs of non-English speaking students, incorporating ESL as a main component of curricula.
- Ensure physical exercise requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Research and plan culturally enriching field trips for students.
- Provide support to the program directors as needed.
- Conduct tutoring management for UC.
- Provide individualized attention to UC in the educational setting when needed.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.