Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide skills training within the unaccompanied children (UC) program. This includes working one-on one or in group settings with UC, supervising, transporting, and communicating with UC as assigned within all NYC locations.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, exempt, salary position. Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm schedule, Monday-Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Assist Assistant Director of Skills Training in creating skill building tasks for each UC.
- Assist with travel coordination for UC and UC sponsors.
- Ensure proper supervision of UC at all times.
- Travel with UC as needed (both within New York State and across the nation).
- Coordinate home visits in regards to skills training for each UC.
- Develop and cultivate cultural connections for UC.
- Conduct skill building activities with each UC.
- Respectfully communicate with children, foster parents, and colleagues.
- Assists team during case emergencies.
- Pick up or deliver possessions as assigned.
- Assist within the Cayuga Centers tutoring center as needed.
- Assist with the intake process as needed.
- Assist with case documentation as needed.
- Assess each UC for developmentally appropriate skills.
- Coordinate and accompany UC with all travel (when foster parent not available).
- Work collaboratively with Assistant Director of Skills Training, Clinician, and Case Manager.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.