SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:Shall be responsible for direct care, consumer-specific programming, and supervision of one or more assigned individuals. Shall also ensure that all measures necessary for the safety and well-being of all assigned consumers are maintained at the highest level possible. Shall administer medication, if necessary, upon completion of the OPWDD approved Medication Administration Course. Shall be responsible for ADL skills, personal needs, achieving objectives/goals related to consumer specific valued outcomes, recreational and other programming for assigned individuals as per their Individual Service Plans.
- Shall be primarily responsible for the direct care of assigned individual(s).
- Shall be sensitive to and respect the individual rights and physical and emotional needs of assigned consumers. Shall recognize the importance of communicating these needs both verbally and in writing to the appropriate staff, family members and agency personnel.
- Shall be responsible for the planning, implementation, and documentation of, as well as the maintenance of (examples include, but are not limited to): Personal hygiene, Domestic skills, Laundry skills ,Medication Meal Preparation, Money Management, Community Integration, Behavioral Management, Shopping, Recreation, Other needs as dictated by the individual plan.
- Shall document information regarding shift such as maintenance need, supplies needed and all other appropriate information. This includes reviewing and signing off on all logs and documentation as assigned by Supervisor.
- Shall assist in maintaining a clean physical environment and perform related work as necessary.
- Will participate in staff meetings and in-service training modules as scheduled and will be required to remain in compliance with all agency orientation, training and certification within established guidelines.
- Will complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Follow all agency and program specific policies and protocols.
- Provide coverage in any of the SPwDD Programs as designated by a Supervisor. Remain on-duty until properly relieved.
- Consults with On-Call Supervisor as needed per program protocol.
- Provides crisis intervention as necessary.
- Maintains an awake, aware presence in the program site throughout their shift.
- Attend required trainings.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.