Recruits, trains and facilitates certification of foster parents; ensures a good working relationship with parents by providing a valuable resource to families. Maintains professionalism in all areas including confidentiality.
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for several hours a day.
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stand for several hours to teach/train foster parents.
- Sit/ride in vehicles, busses, subways, trains, plains - public transportation for lengthy periods of time.
- Walk up/down stairs as needed.
- Walk to enter/exit subway and other public transportation as needed.
- Walk several blocks to get to required location.
HOURS PER WEEK:
- Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Must be flexible to meet program needs.
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Works with Assistant Director of Homefinding and Director of Homefinding to anticipate foster parent recruitment needs.
- Selects method of advertising, prepares and places recruitment advertisements.
- Recruits, trains, and facilitates certification of foster parents.
- Conducts initial and follow-up training of foster parents.
- Conducts orientation and home studies for potential foster parents.
- Serves as a resource and trouble-shooter to foster parents, maintains motivation and treatment anticipation of foster parents, and ensures a good working relationship with foster parents.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by Assistant Director of Homefinding and Director of Homefinding.