JOB OBJECTIVE:Under the supervision of the Manager of Policy and Procedure Development and in cooperation with all other CQI and other agency personnel, a Policy Writer will compose, execute and maintain the policies and procedures of the agency.
· Write, edit and update all agency policies assuring that all policy and procedures are created to follow Cayuga Centers Style guidelines
· Write new procedures in partnership with program leadership
· Research trending policy to incorporate with agency policy
· Create written policy with clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
· Monitor oversight agencies such as Office of People with Development Disabilities, Office of Children and Family Services, Administration for Children’s Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement, Council on Accreditation and Medicaid for necessary revisions to maintain updated policy
· Assist with administration and maintenance of agency policy software
· Assist with the COA accreditation process
· Assist with implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures by participating in projects, reviewing documentation, and/or engagement of necessary stakeholders to fully implement requirements
· Update agency manuals
· Assist CQI team with various projects
· Attend required training
· Read required books
· Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
· Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer