Summary of Responsibilities:
The Case Manager acts as the centralized point of contact for all unaccompanied children (UC) in ORR custody that have been placed in Cayuga Centers’ shelter / transitional foster care program. The main role of the Case Manager is to ensure that each UC is safe and cared for, and is reunited with a suitable parent, guardian, or sponsor in the most expeditious manner possible.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, exempt position. Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm schedule, Monday-Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Ensure safety for all UC within each foster home.
- Manage a high turn-over caseload depending on incoming placements and release.
- Coordinate initial intake for each UC.
- Manage reunification process for each UC.
- Keep information updated in the UC Portal.
- Coordinate and handle an estimated case load of 8 - 12 UC at any given time.
- Schedule and confirm each UC has an initial medical evaluation within 48 hours of arrival with the Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Coordinate and assist the Clinician to assure the admission assessment and family tree are completed within 3 days of arrival.
- Coordinate and assist Clinician to assure the psychosocial summary and Individualized Service Plan (ISP) are completed within 7 days of arrival.
- Ensure all assessments, Significant Incident Reports (SIR), team case notes, and foster family daily reports are current in the hardcopy file, electronic file, and UC Portal.
- Coordinate each case with the Clinician and GDIT Case Coordinator to review progress, concerns, and make recommendations on release.
- Coordinate the discharge and release of child to their sponsor.
- Ensure each UC is enrolled and attending school (either in the community or with Cayuga Centers).
- Respond to client emergencies within or outside work hours.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.