Summary of Responsibilities:
Our Bilingual Teacher Aides will assist the Teacher in providing daily educational requirements to Unaccompanied Children (UC). The Teacher Aide will assist in educating UC, providing classroom management and conducting educational field trips for UC.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt, hourly position. Regular hours will be scheduled between 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Flexibility to meet program needs is required.
- Assist the assigned Teacher in meeting New York State Education requirements.
- Assist with lesson planning.
- Provide individualized attention to UC in the educational setting when needed.
- Assist Teacher and Director of Education with conducting educational assessments for each UC.
- Utilize technology to assist the Teacher in meeting educational requirements.
- Meet the needs of non-English speaking students, incorporating ESL as a main component of curricula.
- Research and help plan culturally enriching field trips for students.
- Attend and monitor culturally enriching field trips.
- Provide support to Teachers and the Director of Education as needed.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.