Experience and Skills:
1. Associates Degree in a Human Services related field and a minimum of one year of Residential Care experience with progressive responsibilities; Or High School Diploma and a minimum of three years.
2. Possess the knowledge, attitude, and skills needed to appreciate and encourage diversity including:
- The ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face;
- A strong positive conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change;
- The ability to work in partnership with other team members;
- The ability to set limits and maintain the helping and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
3. Experience in providing therapy/treatment services for at-risk youth and families.
4. Possess a valid NYS driver’s license.