SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist Nurse Practitioners and Nurses with all medical, psychiatric, and reproductive services for the Out of Home Care programs, SPwDD programs, and other programs as needed.Assist with medication administration. Provide education, counseling, and training for staff, residents, and consumers.
- Assist with nursing rounds as needed.
- Assess reported resident and consumer injuries and illnesses as required.
- Assist with each program medication system
- Provide in-service training for staff, residents, and consumers as needed.
- Back up coordinator for vaccine program.
- Review and sign off on all incidents/SMIRFS as needed.
- Coordinate all medical and psychiatric care with nurse practitioners.
- Responsible for the nursing oversight of OPwDD programs
- Provide formal and informal teaching on health topics to youth and staff.
- As part of the documentation process, required to update and enter medical data as needed in multiple systems - e.g. spreadsheets, word documents, nursing notes and Connections, etc.
- Administer vaccinations.
- Assist in the daily operational services of the health office including but not limited to medical, psychiatric, and reproductive health.
- Attend required training.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (eg., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with Cayuga Centers.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.