Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the VP of Human Resources, provide support to the daily operations of the Human Resources Department including benefits, employee relations and salary administration. This Manager interprets, administers, and communicates personnel policies and procedures, acts as liaison between employees and management on employment and human resources issues.
- Provide support to the daily operations of the HR Department and other employment services to all employees
- Interprets, administers, updates, and communicates personnel policies and procedures to Human Resources Team
- Supervises team of HR Generalists and Assistants
- Coordinate and assist in employee investigations as assigned by the CEO.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews
- Develops and implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities and systems for all staff employed including all aspects of:
- Ensures the agency complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Assists with maintenance and update Employee Handbook on an annual basis
- Serves as a liaison and provides employee relations advice and counseling to management and employees. Provides training to other department directors and supervisors in the areas of hiring, firing, documentation, evaluations, privacy, FMLA, workplace safety, harassment, discrimination, and workplace violence.
- Provides Human Resources department with information
- Sits and chairs committees as assigned
- Guardian of agency competencies
- Attend required training
- Read required books
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Agency’s C-Suite.
- Staffing - advertising to recruitment to onboarding to leaving employment.
- Employment processing
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Safety
- Records management
- Employee retention
- AA/EEO, federal, state, and local legal compliance
- Labor relations
Typical hours include Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. Must be flexible to meet program needs.