Summary of Responsibilities:
To assist in transporting Unaccompanied Children (UC) within New York State and across the nation to unite them with their sponsor.
- Time off - Including 2 week’s annual vacation to start; 8 hours sick time per month; 10 Holidays; 24 hours of Personal Time and opportunity to earn time off
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Life & Retirement benefits also offered.
This position requires a flexible schedule to meet program needs; four days a week Sunday - Saturday and is an exempt salaried position. Long days, may involve overnight stays. Must be available to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Transport UC as assigned (both in New York State and across the nation).
- Ensure UC arrive safely to designated location to sponsor.
- Conduct reunification/hand-off procedures with sponsors when delivering UC to designated location.
- Respectfully communicate with children, foster parents, and colleagues.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with children, foster parents, Federal Officers, and sponsors.
- Assist team during case emergencies.
- Fly with youth as many as four (4) times per week
- Conduct last minute travel arrangements in coordination with the Finance Department if flights/trains are delayed and or cancelled.
- Pick up or deliver possessions as assigned.
- Accompany UC to appointments as needed.
- Assist within the Cayuga Centers tutoring program as needed.
- Assist with last minute travel as needed.
- Assist with the intake process as needed.
- Assist with case documentation as needed.
- Assist Case Managers in the reunification process.
- Supervise UC as assigned.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.