JOB OBJECTIVE: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Multisystemic Therapy programs, the MST Therapist will provide intensive home-based clinical crisis intervention and case management services to families with youth in imminent risk of entry or re-entry into out-of-home placements in Cayuga, Oswego, Ontario, Oneida and Monroe Counties. Requires 24-hour on-call availability to assist with problem diffusion, structuring and resolution.
- Carry a caseload as assigned.
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, and outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
- Provide crisis interventions defusing problem situations on a 24-hour-day on-call basis.
- Must be ready, willing and able to assist the families with any and all tasks needed to stabilize them, including, but not limited to, housecleaning, shopping and escort to appointments.
- Assists administrative staff in collection of information for program effectiveness.
- Willingness to participate in community network meetings.
- Connections documentation may be required of certain program/counties.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
Schedule: This is a full-time, exempt position, utilizing a flex schedule. Evening availability required.