Summary of Responsibilities:
Coordinates treatment planning and delivery for all residents in assigned living unit, striving to build a partnership between the resident, his/her family, and staff. Provides treatment in the forms of individual, family and group therapy to these assigned residents. Clinician maintains professionalism in all areas, particularly in regards to confidentiality.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week, exempt, salary position. Flexibility to meet program needs required. On call duties as assigned.
- Participates in the screening of potential residents as per protocol.
- Upon admission, meets with the resident and the family to assist in the transition, begins to establish a partnership, and completes necessary paperwork.
- Participates in determining all needed discharge and after care services.
- Leads the living unit’s treatment team, creating a forum which maximizes the input of the resident, her/his family, and staff from all disciplines in creating an empowering, resident/family centered treatment plan.
- Ensures each resident’s current treatment plan, including any modifications, is in writing and is readily available to the resident, her/his family, and to all involved staff.
- Attends all Treatment Plan Review meetings to present treatment goals and objectives.
- Assists all staff in adapting and developing the strategies and interventions specified in the treatment plan. Develops any charting or tracking systems needed for a plan.
- Monitors the implementation of each treatment plan. Brings to the attention of the Unit Manager any staffing issues emerging from this monitoring.
- As needed, leads the team in problem solving around the needs of a specific resident, drawing in all relevant agency and community resources.
- Provides individual therapy to all assigned residents on a weekly basis unless otherwise specified in the resident’s treatment plan.
- Provides family therapy to all assigned residents and their families at least two times per month unless otherwise specified in the residents’ treatment plan.
- Provides group psychotherapy to residents on a weekly basis.
- Meets with a resident involved in a critical incident within twenty-four hours of the incident (on Monday for weekend incidents) to process the resident’s behavior.
- Completes the Family Assessment and Service Plan (FASP) and all other reporting requirements required during the placement.
- Attends all conferences and court hearings, when necessary, pertaining to assigned residents. Coordinates all strategies with the Director of Clinical Services.
- Keeps the Director of Clinical Services fully informed of the current and anticipated status of each assigned resident.
- Keeps the Unit Manager and Case Manager fully apprised of all information relevant to residential staff.
- Attends Treatment Team/Staff Meetings on a regular basis to communicate directly with group care staff.
- Participates in all meetings and committees to which she/he is assigned.
- Provides formal in-service training as assigned.
- Participates in the Therapist-On-Call pool as per protocol.
- Maintains current progress notes on all assigned residents which include all therapy contacts as well as a general record of all pertinent events related to the case.
- Prepares all other reports/documentation in a timely manner.
- Continues her/his growth as a professional through active participation in weekly supervision with the Director of Clinical Services. In supervision, reviews each case with the Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates in group supervision (Professional Group) as scheduled by the Director of Clinical
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPPA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.