SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides case management and oversight for Treatment Family Foster Care Youth and Families, as well as treatment foster families. The manager functions as a key member of the youth’s treatment team providing input regarding treatment needs and recommendations. Coordinates contacts with county case worker, schools, probation departments, mental health agencies, and other relevant community entities. Consistently communicates with each youth’s family members around important issues. Meets consistently with each youth and treatment foster family to address issues, concerns and progress. Facilitates support groups for treatment foster parents, and assists in the training and development of the treatment foster parents. Participates in the on call rotation, and manages crisis that arise. Works on a treatment team that consists of a therapist, Youth Coach, Parent Advocate, and Visit Coach. Provides direct supervision to the Visit Coach, and Youth Coach.
- Follows expectations defined within Engagement, Treatment Planning, Communication and Aftercare concepts. Specifically the Program Coordinator will do the following:
- Attends pre-placement interviews and provides evaluative input when Intake staff is not available.
- Ensures placement packet contains all documents.
- Contacts parents to welcome them, share essential information and schedule home assessment.
- Works collaboratively with home finder/recruiter
Treatment Planning and Delivery or Services:
- Meets with youth as needed regarding case planning issues.
- Participates in weekly Clinical Team meetings to discuss all aspects of the youth’ treatment, treatment needs and recommendations.
- Attends school staffing meetings with teachers and school Psychologist to review school status of each youth.
- Facilitates a Treatment Foster Parent Support Group bi weekly, and meets with individual Treatment Foster Parents to discuss youth’s treatment and progress, as well as to offer necessary supports to ensure a successful placement.
- The Manager incorporates feedback and needs of TFFC foster parents into the treatment plans and represents their view during clinical team meetings.
- Creates and individualizes the behavior management system used to target reinforce progress on treatment goals.
- Takes leadership role during weekly clinical team meetings to exchange important information which includes the Treatment Foster Families perspective, and treatment information as a part of the treatment team.
- Attends weekly TFFC all staff meetings.
- Provides/arranges for 24 hour on-call availability for participating parents and program youth.
- Provide input regarding TST Treatment Plans to treatment team.
- Ensures Visit Coach, and Youth Coach’s documentation is being completed and is of good quality.
- Completes progress summaries and casework contacts in Connections. Completes Family Assessment Service Plan and facilitates Service Plan Review scheduling.
- Arrange for all needed aftercare services in consultation with the parent/guardian, Treatment Team, Director of TFFC and the County Case worker.
- Notifies all necessary personnel of youth’s discharge from the program via e mail.
Care of Program Youth
- Ensures Program youth, parents/guardians, and Treatment Foster Family are safe, supported, and participating in treatment.
- Ensures Timely registration in school as well as advocates for an appropriate school setting based on the youth’s educational needs, and IEP.
- Oversees the implementation of the Behavior Management System used in each Treatment Foster Home. In addition ensures discharge families utilize similar behavior management system while youth are on home visits.
- As per program procedure, ensures medical appointments are coordinated, communicated with the treatment team members and treatment foster parents. Ensures documentation of appointment attended is received by the Health and Wellness Center.
- Ensures that all youth have and utilize and adequate inventory of seasonal and age-appropriate clothing. Oversees clothing allowance procedure and approval.
- Administers and accounts for youth’s personal allowances and all other funds.
- Develop visitation places for youth and families.
- Per NYS requirements: monthly foster home visits to make face to face contact with youth
- Provides updated information on each youth’s treatment to County Case workers.
- Coordinates which treatment team member will attend court hearings with youth to represent Cayuga Centers and the best interest of the youth and their family.
- Maintains telephone contact on a weekly basis with families to keep them fully informed of the youth’s progress regarding case planning issues.
- Provides/oversees proper record keeping and documentation for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to Connections progress notes & TST Treatment Plans, Daily Check In’s, Service Plan Reviews.
- Maintains weekly telephone contact w/parents/guardian(s) regarding home visits. Coordinates family visitation in collaboration with the Treatment Foster Family, and Visit Coach.
- Coordinates contacts with county case worker, schools, probation departments, mental health agencies, and other relevant community entities
- Liaisons with outside agencies in the youths’ home county to ensure participation and follow through of discharge plans and reintegration into the county.
- Consults with and receives supervision from the Director of TFFC program.
- Ensures that all staff utilize agency-provided opportunities for learning and growth by:
- A. Ensuring that each employee has relevant performance contract(s) based upon mutually determined priorities.
- B. Ensuring that each employee receives weekly documented individual supervision which directly addresses his/her performance and development.
- C. Ensuring that each employee participates in all required and applicable training sessions offered by the agency.
- D. Providing staff with various inter-agency training opportunities.
- Supervises all assigned volunteers and interns in conjunction with the Director of TFFC.
- Interviews applicants when Visit Coach or Youth Coach openings exists and communicate results to TFFC Director.
- Continues his/her growth as a professional through active participation in weekly supervision with the TFFC Director and participation in the development of relevant personal performance contracts.
- Participates in agency and other training opportunities as assigned and/or offered.
- Conducts all scheduled evaluations of assigned employees.
- Takes a leadership role in the Treatment Team as per program protocol.
- 2. Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.
- 3. Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- 4. Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- 5. Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisory Team and/or President/Chief Executive Officer.